LGBTQ 201 Webinar
March 27, 2024 - 6:00-7:00 PM
1 CME Credit
Cecilia Martinez- Program Director at One Iowa
This FREE LGBTQ 201 webinar briefly reviews and builds on basic LGBTQ terminology and best practices covered in our LGBTQ 101 webinar. This training emphasizes information about LGBTQ discrimination and disparities and seeks to create an understanding of how systems of oppression impact the LGBTQ community. Participants can also expect the opportunity to practice and hone their knowledge of best practices and inclusive skills through scenario-based learning.
- Assess participants’ on their knowledge and understanding of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Identify examples of LGBTQ discrimination in everyday society
- Explain the difference of terms such as “LGBTQ Friendly,” “LGBTQ Inclusive,” and “LGBTQ Competent.”
- Explore the systems of power and how to navigate them
- Determine participant knowledge and emphasize skill-building through scenario-based learning and discussion as a group.
Funding for this training was made possible (in part) by Grant Agreement 5991 to the Iowa Public Health Association/Iowa Immunizes from the CDC Foundation. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services, nor does the mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.