National Student and Resident Conference
NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF FAMILY MEDICINE
RESIDENTS & MEDICAL STUDENTS (NCFMRMS)
July 27-29, 2017 - Kansas City
THIS IS A PHENOMENAL OPPORTUNITY FOR LEADERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT!
- Participate in the Resident and Student Congress
This is the chance to voice your opinions and vote on issues important to future family physicians. Many of the initiatives launched by residents and students are now Academy policy.
- Serve as Your Chapter Delegate
Each chapter sends one student member and one resident member to serve as chapter delegates. These delegates attend all business sessions, poll their state delegations about issues before the congresses and vote in the elections.
- Dialogue With Your Peers
Discussion groups explore common interests and concerns about medical education, international health, underserved populations and many more hot topics. You have the opportunity to get a head start on discussion by joining the e-mail discussion list.
- Write Resolutions and Testify on Issues Important to You
A resolution writing center, equipped with computers and resources for researching resolutions will be available at the conference. Final resolutions are voted on during the final business session. To vote on issues before the congress, you MUST be a member of the IAFP/AAFP.
For more information about the NCFMRMS visit www.aafp.org/nc
The Iowa Academy of Family Physicians Foundation (IAFP/F) supports student members who wish to attend this conference!
(Must be a current IAFP/AAFP) student member)
- The IAFP/F will support student registration
- The IAFP/F provides support of a $300 scholarship to each student to attend the meeting.Hotel, fuel and food receipts are required for reimbursement
- If students choose to carpool with one another, each student will be given the stipend amount listed above regardless of carpooling arrangements. If students choose to carpool with one another it is up to them to decide a fair way to compensate the driver with fuel cost
If a student receives an AAFP Scholarship to attend the conference, the IAFP/F will provide free registration. Scholarship students will not receive support toward hotel, fuel/food as their scholarship will more than cover those expenses.